This course provides novice labor market information (LMI) analysts with an introduction to LMI and basic analytical methods that support state and regional workforce development strategies. Through engaging discussions and hands-on exercises, participants will gain exposure to various workforce, demographic, and economic data sources. They will also apply basic analytical skills to answer real-world questions that policy-makers and practitioners encounter.
Topics covered in this course include:
- Understanding core LMI programs and other data sources
- Conducting basic occupational analyses
- Using Local Employment Dynamics
- Exploring real-time LMI applications
- Communicating effectively with customers