The C2ER/LMI Weekly Update is an informational “one-stop” for economic development and labor market researchers, delivered every Thursday via email, and includes information on:
- Upcoming C2ER / LMI Institute training events and webinars
- Important research highlights from the past week’s news
- C2ER technical assistance publications
- Federal testimony and calls for comment on economic development- and workforce-related issues
Click here to sign up and start receiving the Weekly Update. Archives of the Weekly Update are available to members.
Education and Workforce Data Sources
This PDF table of 32 workforce and education data sources provides information on topics such as sponsoring organization, method, frequency, geography, and the nature of personal or job characteristics.
Below you will find more detailed information about 13 of the most useful education and employment data sources. Each overview discusses the sponsoring organization, purpose and uses, data elements relevant to post-secondary education and workforce development, history and status, methodology, data products and tools, and annual cost. Click on the data source to view a brief summary of the program.
- Educational Characteristics
- Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- National Student Clearinghouse Research Center
- Statewide Longitudinal Data System (SLDS)
- Household Characteristics
- American Community Survey
- Local Area Unemployment Statistics (LAUS)
- National Household Education Surveys Program (NHES)
- Job and Occupational Characteristics
- Current Employment Statistics
- National Employment Projections
- Occupational Employment Statistics
- Occupational Information Network (O*NET)
- Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages
- Real-Time Labor Market Information
- State Employment Projections
- Workforce Data Quality Initiative
These materials were prepared in collaboration with the George Washington Institute of Public Policy (GWIPP), George Washington University, in fulfillment of a contract with the Lumina Foundation.