Join Us for the 2020 PMP Summit!
- Experience with the latest additions to the Projections Suite software.
- National perspectives on the importance of projections work from BLS and ETA.
- An opportunity to hear from experts on detailed topics such as why projections matter, level shifts and outliers, and cleaning employment time series data.
- Network and learning opportunities with fellow projections analysts from across the country.
- A chance to bring your specific questions to PMP technical experts for answers.
- A variety of other training and knowledge sharing sessions, where your input matters. Weigh in on product and process improvement efforts like mid-term projections, labor force projections, and best practices; training needs and e-learning ideas; and communicating with customers, data publications and visualizations.
The PMP Summit is the premier event of the year to hear from and network with state projections analysts. Now more than ever jobs and skills data are relevant to helping our future workforce thrive. Join us to hear from your peers and national experts about the impact projections will play in the post pandemic future.
We will host two pre-Summit Open Forums leading up to the event. See the details on the pre-Summit sessions, Summit agenda, and registration below. As always, registration is free – hope to see you through the coming months!
Event powered by Whova and Zoom.
PMP Pre-Summit Sessions
Communicating Projections Data in a Pandemic
July 16, 2020
The scale of the current pandemic-driven economic crisis is unprecedented. How are projections being utilized for recovery planning in states? Some stakeholders may not be satisfied simply hearing the models do not account for pandemics. This session will discuss how states are both utilizing and messaging their projections data. It will also cover the new State Choice methodology and associated software module in the Projections Suite; and how this approach can be helpful in recovery planning moving forward.
Forecasting Industry and Occupation Trends Beyond COVID-19
August 20, 2020
Projections data is highly sought after, and even more so in this time of crisis. Reliable and relevant short- and long-term occupation and industry projections help facilitate reemployment, economic mobility, workforce and economic development strategies. This session will focus on key forecasts for industry and occupation trends beyond Covid-19. Hear from leading experts on the current impacts of the public health crisis and how this will shape economic trends long into the future.
Links to join the Pre-Summit sessions will be emailed directly to you the day before the session.