Baton Rouge Area Chamber
564 Laurel St
Baton Rouge, LA 70801
Course Materials: Dropbox link
Group Presentation Upload: Dropbox link
This 2.5-day course teaches economic development researchers and labor market information (LMI) analysts advanced skills in collecting, analyzing, and presenting regional economic and labor market data to answer questions about key industries, workforce supply and demand, education and training needs, and demographic trends in pre-defined regions. Working in groups, participants master skills in the following areas:
- Building demographic & economic profiles
- Measuring economic health & competitiveness
- Conducting industry & occupational trend analyses
- Combining labor market & education data to anticipate skill needs
- Presenting and communicating data effectively
While there is no pre-requisite for this course, intermediate to advanced skills in Excel are highly recommended.
Target Audience: This course is designed for practitioners with two-to-five years of experience in economic and/or labor market analysis.
Adrienne Johnson, Consultant
Jeffrey E. Rosenthal, Ph.D., Senior Workforce Analyst, North Carolina Department of Commerce